A brief note about the author and this site….
My wife and I are both from Toronto, Ontario, Canada and through her employment we were given the opportunity to live abroad in Paris, France for a 3 year assignment. As most of you reading this already know us, I am not going to go into a whole lot of detail about who we are and our respective backgrounds. However I will sum up our situation with a quick 2 point comparison:
But who cares right? If you were me, would you do it? I look at it as an adventure, a huge learning opportunity and a chance to really get the hell outside of my comfort zone. Anyway, we’re here now, it’s been about a month and a half for me – and I figured this would be a cool way for me to document things and share with the folks back home and whoever else may be interested.
A few notes about us for those who may not know….
- We’ve been married for 5 years and together for 7
- We bought our first house in Toronto about 1 and a half years ago, lived in it for the first year, and now are renting it out (had no idea this trip was coming until a few months before)
- Have both travelled quite a bit through Europe, separately and together, and have always talked about living abroad if presented with the opportunity
- It wasn’t something we were really gunning for, but we were definitely open to trying it if the opportunity came up, and it did
- We have no friends and family here
That’s about all I can think of that is worth mentioning at the moment – I may update later if need be
Hope you enjoy the site and please share any comments or suggestions